bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, November 10, 2006


Tea With Tasha Tudor

(This link will take you to a story of a young woman having tea with Tasha)

Tasha Tudor has been a big influence in my life....she has lived her life with passion, following her own vision. Her four children grew up in a handmade house in New England where she tried as much as possible to re-create life from the early 1800's.

Now 91 years old, she has illustrated over 100 children's books.

The tea set she uses has been in her New England family for generations.....she has a fantasic collection of antique clothing. Several books have been published about her beautiful gardens.

She truly is, as the Smithsonian has designated her, a national treasure!

3 comments:

Daisy Lupin said...

I am absolutely fascinated by Tasha Tudor, I only became aware of her a few months ago. She is so very interesting.

Janet said...

I love Tasha Tudor and have read all the books my little library has on her - which isn't very many! She is such an interesting person and sticks to her own way of life. She's one strong woman.

Joyce said...

Tasha is truly an amazing woman. I was thrilled to get to meet her last year at her home in Vermont for the St Nicolas Tea. It was probably the most magical day I have ever experienced. If you ever get the chance to go I highly recommend it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails