bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 07, 2007

It has been a busy October weekend; there was something new to visit in our town!

The business started for me after posting the ghost pumpkins on Friday. My friend, Lizzzzy, who lives here, and I went to the opening of our town's botanical gardens. The first phase is now complete and it is very impressive! (Do you see the chairs with green upholstery?) Part of the shade garden area...my favorite on this sunny warm October Friday!
Lizzzy showing how large the Taro leaves are in the shade garden!
This marvelous plant with colors I had never seen in leaves and seeds before is called "Hot Biscuits Amaranth".
Mr. Pear and I went back today for more walking and looking at amazing plants!

Our town also had a Bikes, Blues and Barbeque event this weekend. It drew over 350,000 visitors. I will post about that (with photos) later today (I hope!)



3 comments:

Julie said...

Those plants are so amazing. It is great that you have a botanical garden in your town. The closest I could go would be Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Glad you had a good weekend. Mine was extremely quiet.

Julie

Anonymous said...

what a clever design having a main support look like a tree branch! Thans for showing this detail.

Banna said...

i got my mail today. it was beautiful and i really liked it. thank you for sending it for me. love and hugs Banna

Related Posts with Thumbnails