bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Another Sunday post with a painting of a window.
This is from a card I found at Mom's. It is called, "A Summer Afternoon" and is by Helena Maguire (1860-1909). It is a very peaceful scene, and shows the upperclass Victorian world. I think her treatment of the sun hitting the lace curtains is especially nice. (I realize that I have had a cat in the window paintings for 3 Sundays in a row now...just happened!) When I was a girl of her age, I had a grandmother who told me that sewing on Sunday was not good. "If you sew on Sunday, you will take it out 'with your nose' on Monday". I assume that means painfully slow ripping out of the stitches.....(the frog stitch, "rip-it, rip-it").
This is another card relating to sewing. I think it is a very nice
photograph and reminds me of the things I have been sorting through at Mom's.....I came by my sewing addiction honestly!

1 comment:

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

This made me think, I guess because of my culture, I am not supposed to do some stuff on Sundays but I am modern, LOL, so I do what I enjoy to do the best: Play anytime I want ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails