bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Projects for cold winter days!

 

An ice storm just south of us hit the area where my brother farms. This photo of an old iron bridge near his home was on the local news. It is so beautiful, but not too much fun! The ice breaks the power lines, and homes are then hard to heat! Fortunately, they have a cast iron wood burning stove!

I stay "in" a lot when the temperature is below freezing outside. I turn on the heat in the sewing room and spend time working on piecing blocks!

Here is one which I am working on now...called "Dutch Breeze". Very scrappy and easy!

It is from a McCall's Scrappy Quilts magazine.

More Dutch Breeze blocks today! This magazine has the pattern for the "Haiku Charm" quilt which I made last week, with my Japanese indigos!

And it has a pattern using Japanese taupes which I also plan to make!

This will be another easy, fun small quilt!

When I make the Dutch Breeze blocks, I end up with even smaller little scraps, pieced in threes! So I make some irregular little 9 patches....these will be in a quilt with lots of natural linen...a little Zakka* quilt, or maybe 2! For the small quilt auction which will be at the quilt show!

* Zakka, the art of finding savvy in the mundane.

As the quilt show approaches, ( in April) I have been sewing hanging sleeves and labels on the ones which I will hang in the show. Here they are!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails