bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 29, 2010


Beautiful October days are almost gone...last night we brought in tender plants as a frost was expected.
It is also the time for wild persimmons....these are very small, think "cherry tomato" with a big seed.

After finding a persimmon tree with one fruit that I could easily reach, I bought another persimmon and made a small still life for the third lesson in Jane LaFazio's sketchbook journal class.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is also progress on the ballerina painting...the tutu is emerging.


7 comments:

Grace said...

Your persimmon still life is wonderful! I've never heard of "cherry tomato" sized persimmons...are they eatible? LOL

Looking forward to see your progress on the ballerina...they're so symbollic of grace and beauty, aren't they? :)

Janet said...

Persimmons....yum! I've never seen one that small. Was it good?

The ballerina painting looks interesting. Love the colors you're using.

Lila Rostenberg said...

I really think they are too much trouble, as they are very small. Now I have seen recipes for persimmon bread, rather like pumpkin bread. I just couldn't reach enough of the fruit to even try!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You're making my mouth water! I love persimmons! Your paintings are both very beautiful...love the soft colors! Enjoy your weekend! ♥

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Lovely still life. I like the ballerina painting - such inspiration.

gma said...

<3 Enjoy your weekend dear Lila

Julie said...

Lila, I have always wondered what a persimmon looks like (Not being from Down South. Now I know.) I really, really like both artworks. Can't wait to see the final ballerina painting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails