bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm loving the BBC series, "Lark Rise to Candleford" which is on our local PBS station every Sunday. I read those books by Flora Thompson in the 1980's and was transported to a gentler world (it seemed!). One thing I started doing was making "griddle scones" for my children. Here is the official recipe from the BBC website, originally from the cook mentioned below!



Lark Rise to Candleford Griddle Scones from the Lark Rise cook book by Mary Norwalk
INGREDIENTS:
8 oz self-rising flour
1 1/2 oz butter (chilled)
1 oz sugar
1/4 pint (1/2 cup) milk
Cut the cool butter into the self-rising flour until mixture resembles course breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and milk to make a stiff dough. Knead a few times and roll out 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 2 " rounds [you can use a glass for this if you don't have a biscuit cutter!].
Sprinkle a hot griddle or thick frying pan with flour and place the scones on top. Cook on this side until golden brown underneath. Turn scones carefully and cook until the other side is golden brown. Serve with butter and honey or butter and strawberry jam!

1 comment:

Mary Timme said...

Oh, these sound so very good! I'm sure I'd become addicted. Still I may have to T-R-Y them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails