bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

It's ABC Wednesday at Mrs. Nesbitts! Today's letter is "K".


"K" is for kids!




My children coloring Easter eggs a couple of decades ago!!!!!
******************************************************************
NOW a fun little test....yoga related perhaps?
Your Dosha is Pitta
You have a quick mind, a gift for persuasion, and a sharp sense of humor.
You have both the drive and people skills to be a very successful leader.
Argumentative and a bit stubborn, you have been known to be a little too set in your ways.
But while you may be biased toward your own point of view, you are always honest, fair, and ethical.

With friends: You are outgoing and open to anyone who might want to talk to you

In love: You are picky but passionate

To achieve more balance: Be less judgmental of those around you, and take cool walks in the moonlight.
[Don't know if I agree with my results...I am NOT argumentative, hmmmph!]
****************************************************************************
What I am baking this afternoon.....and I will use an antique bird cookie cutter to cut these out....

SHORT BREAD CUTOUT COOKIES

1 c. butter (cold)
1/2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
2 T. dried lavendar (optional)

Cut butter into sugar and flour with pastry cutter until well blended. Roll about 1/3 of dough out on floured surface to about 1/8 inch. Cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 350 on ungreased light colored cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes. Bake only until set and slightly brown on bottoms. Very good plain, or frost with butter cream frosting if desired. Makes about 4 dozen.

11 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Awesome!
bet the kids wil love this one now! LOL!

Mary Timme said...

Oh, I recognize the late 70's early 80's decor. I usually tired to do it outside with the children. Much easier to clean up the grass than the floor. And someone always grabbed a raw egg! Ah, those were the days of fun and games of a different sort!

Andrea said...

Cute KIDS in the KITCHEN.

Leslie: said...

Aw, Kute Kids Koloring eggs! Such sweet memories! :D

Paulie said...

Sweet kids having fun!

Mrs Mac said...

That's a great photo, full of joy!

Annie said...

Oh Lila, I'm a Pitta too, according to the little test. And how lovely that you and I have similar tastes - pork chops/cabbage, apples, onions, not to mention shortbread! Yum.

Couple of decades ago? Those feel like pretty short decades, don't they.

Katney said...

I have blogged on kids for K, too.

Janet said...

Kids coloring eggs....how cute they are! I did kitchen for my "K" since I wasn't able to take any photos due to my hand.

Kim said...

I loved painting easter eggs when I was a kid, and it looks like your kids also enjoyed it.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Great picture!
Big treasure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails