bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Midweek update:



We were out to get some exercise and enjoy the balmy weather...



This nursery rhyme illustration is a graphic picture of our hike down the back side of Mt. Seqouyah on Sunday (Mr. Pear=Jack).....except I didn't "come tumbling after".

Mr. Pear had a head over heels landing from an attempt to walk across a fallen tree trunk which was blocking the trail. It was scary to see him ...almost slow motion and I was not close enough to break his fall.... Fortunately, after carefully accessing the situation, he was able to walk out of the woods on his own (with me for morale). He has since had an MRI and which showed no serious injury. He is sore and has a stiff neck but is now back at work ( so I can get back to this blog!!)and on Rxs for a few days. I am truly thankful that I have him, in good shape. This shows me how quickly things could change!


******************************************************


Last night was the artist's reception for my friend, Paula Mariedaughter. Over 50 of Paula's quilts are on exhibit at our Art Center of the Ozarks. Paula taught classes and wrote the newsletter for my quilt shop during most of the years we were in business! She is a good friend and a very talented artist.

It was good to see so many quilters from this area attending her opening!
Now to get away from the computer and set up that sewing machine!
In the meantime here is fun quiz for art lovers....
You Are Best Described By...
Farbstudie What Famous Work of Art Are You?
QuadrateBy Wassily Kandinsky

4 comments:

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I am glad he is doing better and I am wishing he will recover fast and you from the slow motion scary image of him falling.
Love to you from me!

gma said...

So sorry to hear about Mr. Pear's fall. Glad he's OK and that you didn't go tumbling after.YIKES! Your friends quilt show/reception must've been a huge success....it sounds like the Art center is a wonderful place.

Julie said...

I am so glad Mr. Pear is alright. It seems a lot of bloggers are nursing themselves or loved ones right now. We don't need a Nurse Lila wearing herself out caring for a patient.

Hugs,

Julie

Anonymous said...

Good gracious, Mr. Pear! Watch your step!

I know from watching hubbies almost kill themselves, so glad you both survived and recovered!

Can't wait to see more of the paper quilts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails