bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 11, 2007


Vase of Iris
This is a watercolor which is framed. It is under glass, so I scanned it, not wanting a reflection to interfere....
I like this looseness and freshness of the iris and glass vase contrasted with the more solid chair. The chair also adds a "stripe" design element while the iris are rather soft and fuzzy!
I painted this about 4 years ago. Now that I am going to be temporarily unemployed (by choice), I hope to do more watercolors! I am taking my watercolors and sketchbook down to Mom's this week...to be ready if the painting muse shows up!
I found this test on Janet's blog.
YOU ARE SUNRISE
You Are Sunrise
You enjoy living a slow, fulfilling life. You enjoy living every moment, no matter how ordinary.You are a person of reflection and meditation. You start and end every day by looking inward. Caring and giving, you enjoy making people happy. You're often cooking for friends or buying them gifts.All in all, you know how to love life for what it is - not for how it should be.


By the way, I am not much of an early riser!
I used to stay up late, (after the kids were asleep, my "real" life began)...now I can't stay awake that late...last night I fell asleep, reading Anthoy De Mello' s "Awarness" (ha!), about 9:00 p m!....but I was up this morning before the sun....Maybe I am changing? Life is lovely at both ends of the day!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Lila,

I like your irises very much, and you are right about the contrast between the chair and the flowers.

I did not know that your unemployment was temporary!

Good luck at your Mom's with doing some paintings. It will be good for you to take breaks from cleaning.

Julie

Julie

Janet said...

You know I would like this painting! Irises are so beautiful and graceful....and purple!!

I hope we'll be seeing lots more of your watercolor paintings now that you will be a full-time artist!

Laurie said...

I bet you are so looking forward to spending more time on your art.

I did the test ~ I am also a sunrise. That didn't suprise me, I am up with the birds and popped out by 8:00 pm!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Yes, take your sketchbook with you and have a great time with your mom!
I love your lovely painting!

I am a sunrise but I work from 6:30am to 3:30pm so no surprise there, LOL

Mary Timme said...

I surprised myself being a midnight, but that is because I'm not a loner, but enjoy being alone. I consider myself a morning person and if it isn't done by 2 o'clock, it probably won't be done.

Naturegirl said...

I love to see iris in a vase..your impression is lovely...in watercolor NG

Anonymous said...

Your painting is lovely. I'm glad you are getting this break from work.

I have read Anthony de Mello and find his writings very moving.

Jamie said...

These are beautiful Lila! I have a special love of irises because that's my mother's name:) Your paintings are so wonderful. Thank you for sharing your art with us. Love, Jamie

Annie said...

Interesting, Lila, I am sunrise too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails