bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, April 27, 2007

My drive yesterday started in the rain on GA hwy 120, heading from my daughter's house to a well known quilt shop........

Little Quilts in Marietta ,GA!!!!

(To make the 600 mile drive into a bit of fun, I felt that stopping here would be a "must"! I had owned a quilt shop for over 10 years, but now good quilting fabrics are harder to find....)


This shop is famous for popularizing quilting through the making of small...almost doll size quilts. They have had their own line of patterns and even fabric....very traditional and charming.


Today they have a broad range of fabrics to sell and classes to offer.
I found fabric for a baby quilt...for a friend who is adopting a baby girl from China.

(My daughter is expecting a baby --November 14th....I will update you when I design the quilt for this little one! she will be having an ultra sound this summer and we'll know more then!)


My choice for myself was some more fabric from Rowan....designed by Kaffe Fassett. This is Kaffe at International Quilt Festival, standing beside a quilt made with his fabircs. They are very bold, rich and romantic. So I collected a few more of those, and will soon start a lucious quilt with rich patterns and color!

Having these new creative companions (the new fabrics) on the passenger seat, made the rest of the journey (via interstates) a bit more pleasant! I reached Little Rock just as the sun was setting over the Arkansas River....yes!

OH, and tonight we go to the Rod Stewart concert! Whoo-hoo!

7 comments:

Mary Timme said...

What a fun place to stop. You didn't say if got any patterns or wanted to try some. (I may have read too fast!) Is it good to be almost home?

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

What is it about having new fabric? I get such exhilaration from buying new pieces of fabulous goods. You had good companions for your trip back. AND may I say how in awe I am that you drove 600 miles alone!
I can't wait to see what comes from your fabric AND the baby quilt!!
Your quilts are amazing!!
XOXO

Annie said...

You'll be rockin' out at Alltell tonight. I can just see you in my mind's eye, having fun with all those other Stewart fans.

Lila Rostenberg said...

Yes, the Rod Stewart concert was wonderful. We had fun, he had fun....seemed to be mostly gals over 35! Defintitely a baby boomer concert!

Sue Seibert said...

You headed west...we headed east.

Hope the concert is wonderfu...love Rod!

Daisy Lupin said...

You have been seeing and doing some wonderful things on your travelling. It is so nice to come home bursting with ideas from new stimuli you have seen after trips such as this.

Anonymous said...

I love Kaffee Fassett fabric! And Rod Stewart, too? Girl you are rockin' out this weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails