bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 19, 2007

This old Singer cabinet sewing machine is almost exactly like the one on which I learned to sew in 1959!!!!!!!

It is here in the guest room, where I sleep. I guess it was inevitable that I would have to open it and see how it was doing. I have cleaned and oiled it and plan to sew some burp cloths soon.....really cool ones with orange , brown and turquoise, some paisley, some polka dot!
My granddaughter, Lilia, found the machine open and I taught her a bit about it...she loved stitching with it! I may have another quilter/seamtress in the family after all....she is already quite an artist.




With Thanksgiving two days away, I am looking at recipes. This Pumpkin Pecan Rum Cake sounds great...and uses a bundt pan, making it easy to bake, serve and share!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hi, Lila,

Will Mr. Pear be able to go to Atlanta for Thanksgiving? I'm glad you are there to help your daughter and family. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving if I don't talk to you again before then.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Lila! I am dying to see some pictures of baby Bindley!!! I am so glad that he and Laura are happy and healthy! Andrew and I are so excited and can't wait to see little B! I hope Lilia is excited about being a big sis!

Lila Rostenberg said...

Hopefully photos will be up soon! I can't believe how busy this young couple is....both work, Laura from home,and Bindley is in school too! all they need is a baby to takeup the few hours they have for sleep! But he is loved!
Mr. Pear can't come now....I hope to be able to get home the first of December...or make that the 10th....? Life is complicated!

Related Posts with Thumbnails