bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, December 05, 2015

A quilt finished, and plans for retro aprons...

I finished a quilt which had been pieced for some time. It started with a charm pack from Missouri Star's daily deal. Lots of Bethlehem buildings and words from the Christmas story were in the pack, along with blenders and little dots. So I added fabric pieces with manger scenes,the Holy family and wise men, shepherds. Then because it is for little grandsons, I found snowmen and Santas,

Machine quilted by me and a bright red border added.

 

I didn't get to take it for show and tell at QUILT guild as after work, I was really worn out from my head cold, just came home and crawled in bed!

While "resting" after work the next day, I put together some Christmas ornaments

Clear glass ornaments with Crystal glitter, holly and vellum with music.

Staying, home being good and not spending $$$$.....ha!

Pinterest had this really cute apron by Jane Sassaman's crew....using Jane Sassaman fabric!

 

Too cute! In her blog post you could see the vintage McCall's pattern 1577. 1950

I checked Etsy and eBay......found one and ordered it! My iPad brings the shopping world to my couch! Ouch!

I am addicted!

It is on it's way, more fun ahead!

But first need to decorate our tree and get those presents, including the quilt, in the mail!

 

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails