bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Back to chalk painting!

Last week I found this old office chair at a thrift store. It rocks, swivels and rolls..I think it might work well at either the easel or the serger! Not sure, but it is worth trying in different places!

But of course, it is very homely now and needs to be transformed! ....I thought about a bright aqua paint but settled on "tangerine" by Behr.

Behr makes a paint with primer included, I add calcium carbonate powder ( 2 parts paint to 1 part calcium carbonate) to make it into chalk paint. One small sample size jar-- cost about $3.00-- will paint almost any average wooden chair.

Here it is in the bright sunshine! Needs its coat of Minwax finishing wax and it will be ready!

Hmmm, perhaps a nice colorful cushion too!

When I remember that these chairs from Pottery Barn ( below) are priced at $399.00, I feel REALLY good about my new chair!

 

3 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ooooh peachy!!!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Love the chair, what a find and the color is happy. As someone who loves to paint furniture using CeCe Caldwell chalk paint I've never heard of what you did. I MUST try this very soon!!

Lila Rostenberg said...

The recipe for chalk paint is easy to find on line.

I find calcium carbonate at the local natural vitamin and supplement store.

It is fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails