bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, September 12, 2010



Armchair travel has taken us to the western isles of Scotland this week as we again watched
"I Know Where I'm Going" ,a wonderful classic movie which is also a fable. Watch this movie, if you get a chance....!!!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An artist, Winifred Nicholson, whose work I have been looking at this summer, also worked around and painted in this part of Scotland.

She used lots of white in painting this sunlit window, "Borage in Sunlit Window". Through the window, you can see the mysterious, beautiful islands and the sea.


I've been "needing" a new painting for our bedroom....something light, airy and peaceful...
SO, I made a painting based on Winifred's. Mine is a little brighter....I love the blues!



After doing the painting, I began to wonder what borage really looks like.....so I found the photo below on the Internet. It turns out that borage is called the "herb of gladness" and that the oil is very healing....it has GLA....gamma linoleic acid (also found in Evening Primrose which I sometimes use as a supplement).



5 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I love the blues too - borage is one of my favorites in the garden because of the happy color.

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

A lovely painting! So luminous and airy. And I love the blue, too.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your new painting is beautiful...I love the pretty blues! Very soothing for your bedroom! We have watched 2 movies set in Ireland the past week or so! One was Leap Year! It's a cute movie! We love old movies and I'll look for this one! Enjoy your evening! ♥

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Lila,
I do love your paintings! This one should be perfect for your bedroom. When I am able to paint my bedroom, it will be the soft creamy yellow walls with some blue in the comforter. I have not tried my hand at painting for YEARS--but maybe someday! Have a great week!

Bettyann said...

Love your new painting..so full of life and joy..

Related Posts with Thumbnails