bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Such a wonderful warm spring weekend. Yesterday at work I added gold machine embroidery to the neckline of this tunic. Now to add tiny gold beads.....


********************************************************************************

I had made some crepes on my day off, Thursday. They were ready when I invited a good friend to join us last night for dinner and an evening of watching British mysteries....Midsomer Mysteries with John Nettles this time!


I quickly made up the chicken crepes while Karen made the salad and sliced strawberries for dessert.


Ingredients
-
cooking spray
-
1 c thinly sliced onion
-
1 (8oz)pkg. presliced mushrooms
-
3 c chopped cooked chicken
-
1/2 c slice green onions
-
3/4 tsp salt (divided)
-
1 (10oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeeze dried [ I used fresh!]
-
1 tbs butter
-
2 tbs flour
-
5/4 c 2% reduced fat milk
-
1/4 tsp pepper
-
10 Basic crepes
-
1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded Monterrey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
Instructions
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sliced onion and mushrooms to pan; saute 5 min or until mushrooms release their moisture and darken. Stir in chicken, green onions., 1/4 tsp salt, and spinach.
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour to pan; stir with a whisk until blended. Cool 1 min, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk and stirring constantly cook 5 min or until thick. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining salt and pepper. Pour milk mixture over chicken, stir to combine.
[Note: regarding the instructions in green... I just put some cheese into the white sauce and skipped the broiling...and it was good!]
Preheat boiler
Spoon about 1/2 c chicken mixture in the center of each crepe, fold ends and sides over. Place seam side down in a 13 x9 in baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle crepes evenly with cheese. Broil 2 min or until lightly browned

Here is the recipe again! [Choose the format you like for a copy!]

5 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

5/4 cup? Just wondering. Looks delicious - and the embroidery is delightful.

gma said...

Lila you are amazing. Love the pear photo on top. Your embroidery is gorgeous.The gold bead detail will really be snazzy!
Your recipe sounds good too.
Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

I love the embroidery on the tunic.
MMMMM, crepes, you know I have never made them, I fear they would turn out worse than my pancakes ~ which turn out like lead weights.
Yours look so good, the whole meal sounds delicious.
I used to watch Midsomer Murders all the time on A&E then they took it off. I love the English village life. I wonder if they have the episodes at the library.
Hope you have a wonderful Monday.

Shopgirl said...

You have been busy making yummie things and the embroidery is lovely. Lots of hugs, Mary

Lena said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe. I've been wanting to try making crepes for some time now, and you've inspired me to give it a go.

Your tunic and the embroidery are both lovely.

Lena

Related Posts with Thumbnails