bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 04, 2010

The sun is out, but the temperature is still below freezing. More snow came last night!

It is time to pile another quilt on the bed!


This quilt is called "Just Breathe", it is one of my latest quilts. I love the bright colors and fabrics, especially the turquoise!

Now that the Christmas decorations are removed for another year, I have mental space to fill. Working on a quilt is always a great thing in January, you can snuggle under there while you hand quilt the top! Here is a photo showing part of a quilt which I started appliqueing in 1993. It was a block of the month from PIECE O'Cake quilt designers. It is called "Through Grandmother's Window ". The pieced diamond setting is my own idea! After hand quilting, I will finish the look by using prairie points along the edges in lieu of a traditional binding.


Below, a close look at part of a block! It has 12 blocks and is a double bed size quilt.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty.
I love turquoise and aqua too, this time of year it's such a nice cheery color.
I wish I could quilt, I don't have the patience. I do love to cross~stitch, that is my Winter craft!
Happy New Year Lila!

gma said...

Hi Lila. Don't know if I ever told you that my Mom quilted alot. She made some quilts using the prairie
points. I inherited her quilting frame and love of fabrics. Wish I'd get "the quilting bug" more often. Usually when there is a new baby coming or a special event we make a quilt. Otherwise...nada. Love all of yours they are just beautiful!

Macrina said...

Oh my dear friend...I did not know that one names quilts, but namer that I am I love it. I would love to sit down and share stories with you but I cannot fight that snow. Let's hope at the end of the month the roads will be clear for my retreat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails