bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, January 01, 2010

It has been a wonderful day!!!!!

[Scones waiting to go in the oven!]





A sunny, wonderful first day of 2010!



I managed to take a walk with dear Mr. Pear which made me so full of energy and hungry that I decided to bake some scones.

I happened to have some clotted cream just waiting to go on the warm scone, along with some wonderful jam (Four Fruits).

Mr. Pear helped me get the scone photo with our temperamental digital camera, then we sat down with a pot of tea, and enjoyed every lovely bite!

**********************************************



After all the baking and the tea time treat, I felt my creative energies going in a good direction....so down to the studio, though it was getting late. No time to execute a masterpiece, not even time to set up a still life, but I could pull out my scissors and glue and do collage!


First, I did this cover for an inexpensive "brown paper bag" moleskine. Now it will be fun to use as an art journal.

The other collages I did were in a hardback book which my friend Paula and I are "altering" with paint and collage.[ I posted a couple of the pages I did today here .]




Notes on Gratitude

I often think how lucky I am to be able to cook and eat lovely foods and to post about doing it. This is a wide, international Internet and I do hope that no one who is suffering from hunger stops by and suffers even more because of a post. I am grateful for being able to eat as well as we do, and I do not take it for granted! Cooking takes a lot of my creative energy and I love sharing the inspiration and enthusiam!
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others." (Cicero) [So, I am working on having gratitude!]

4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love keeping a little section in my journal for a 'gratitude list'! We are so blessed in this country to have all of our needs met and time to focus on living life to the fullest. Have a wonderful weekend!

gma said...

Tea and Scones with clotted cream yummy. We are indeed blessed to eat well and often. We have outlets for creativity:food, paints, magazines, glue, fabric, et al. Another thing to be full of gratitude for is blogland. Wow! Connecting with wonderful people who share work and ideas... I too am full of gratitude.

Shopgirl said...

What a yummie day...It is a wonderful life if we just slow down and peek into the corners. I love you and your blog, lets have the best year ever. Hugs, Mary

Loretta said...

Scones, clotted cream, and jam. Sigh. Heavenly bliss.

Enjoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails