bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 07, 2009

A wonderful annual event!

Thursday evening we attended a silent auction of donated paintings and other art. The format had to be 5 inches X 5 inches. This was a wonderful evening, and Mr. Pear's birthday too! The room was filled with artists and art lovers, all enjoying catered goodies and wine from a local (Wiederkehr's) winery! We could bid on these small works of art while watching to see if our painting drew any bids. There were over 300 paintings! I did not get one of the pieces I bid on.....it featured Greek doorways (I may have to paint one myself!). Most are done in oil or acrylics. I did find this abstract watercolor and love it! The artist is Richard Nicholson, whom I know as "Nick"! [Living in a fairly small art community, many of us know each other so that makes the party even more fun!]


My donated painting, below in an almost finished state....and the photo from which I painted it. I didn't get a photo of it in the final version....now it is gracing someone's wall.








4 comments:

Julie said...

Lila,

I know that the person who won your painting is now a very happy soul! Spoken by a person who owns a lovely Lila painting of a blue and white china vase with Chinese lanterns and bittersweet.

gma said...

Your work is great!
I get to see lovely Lila art too.
So beautiful!
:-)

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Love your painting!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your art is beautiful, Lila and the painting you bought is wonderful, too! I would love to go to an event like that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails