bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, November 20, 2008

A week from Thanksgiving! I have the day off and time to use the camera (which has been "iffy" about working lately!) and to write on my blog! Yeah!



This photo was taken out on the back porch, of the watercolor painting which I am removing from the glass frame today and shipping to a sweet blogging friend. She has purchased it to be a special Christmas gift for her daughter! Thanks, Gemma!!!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



This is a sweater which I just finished knitting for my son who has recently moved to Minnesota. It is stockinette stitch knit in a bulky wool blend yarn in "pumpkin heather" color....the camera couldn't do it justice, so I scanned a bit of the knitting (small photo). It was my first time to knit a "saddle shoulder" garment. I am excited to be able to give this to him next week when we are all together in Wisconsin for Thanksgiving and his cousin's wedding on Saturday!


I'm also making alpaca neck warmers for the young ladies of our family who live in the northern states! These only take 1 skein of soft bulky yarn...no more cold necks!

*********************************************************************************



The next photo is of an autumn fairy doll sent to me by another wonderful blogging friend, (Celtic Lady). Clothed in sparking autumn leaves, this sprite is hanging under a lamp and serves as a muse to help me do all the projects I am working on for family Christmas gifts....sewing and knitting. [ She can, perhaps, fly off to some adventures while I sit there being an old "sew-and-sew", LOL!]



4 comments:

Julie said...

Handmade gifts are the best! I am glad the autumn sprite is acting as your muse! I have one too, in my "art room" but she hasn't been much of a muse.

gma said...

I have an Autumn sprite too. She is right at home with my other handmade dolls. So excited about the painting. It is beautiful.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so nice to catch up on all your news. It's a fairy kind of week for both of us! And I am still knitting and look what you've made! I love your painting, too! You have so many talents! Everything is beautiful!

Mrs. U said...

That painting is BEAUTIFUL!! Did you do that? WOW!!

And I love the neck warmers! Very pretty!! Hmmm... I'm wondering if that same idea could be turned into a shrug or shawl- I LOVE IT!!

His,
Mrs. U

Related Posts with Thumbnails