bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 17, 2008

More catching up and "making do".

While at Mom's last weekend, I came across the October 2008 "AMERICAN PATCHWORK AND QUILTING" magazine as we were checking out of K-MART.


I loved the seasonal pumpkin quilt on the cover. Once I read it, I chose to start a different quilt called, "Scrap Happy". As Mom has sewn for us and saved every scrap, I was able to start these blocks....however, not without shopping for and adding a few more current quarter yard pieces to the mix. So it's not entirely "making do", LOL!


I brought the project home with me. Today is one of my days off so I have time to get back to it and I will now be adding my scraps from the things I've been sewing. The blocks are easy and fun.






**********************************************************************************

Back to my October 15th Birthday Giveaway!



Mr. Pear was home, under the weather, yesterday, so I couldn't get a post written. We did. however, manage to draw a winner in the contest for my painting, "Autumn Song". Sioux is our winner!!!! Congratulations! I know that my painting is going to a good home! The nightingale should love being with such musical folks!
Sioux, I will be e-mailing you for your shipping address.

***********************************************************************

This is a big craft fair weekend in our area. We have tenative plans to visit the famous "War Eagle Arts and Craft Fair" on Sunday. It is in a beautful setting here in the Ozarks, and our trees are beginning to turn nicely. I'll post about the event if we go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From this morning's paper....but of course, you didn't see this on my sweet blog!!

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Congratulations Sioux! What a beautiful painting to enjoy! Hope hubby is feeling better today, Lila!

Sue Seibert said...

Wow,oh wow, oh wow!!! Thanks so much, Lila. I can't wait to get it on my livingroom wall!!!!!

gma said...

So happy for Souix. She is a most deserving winner!
Yep I know that's where McCain is!
You didn't hear that from me....

Naturegirl said...

Lila hoping you had the best birthday!Congratulations to sioux..it's always nice giving your creations to someone that you know!
The quilt on the cover of the magazine is gorgeous!A great inspiration!I watched a decorating show today where all the little patches are modge poged onto a chair!
A great conversation piece! I may try a little one.

Shopgirl said...

Untitled....I didn't see a thing...TEE-HEE
And congrats to Sioux!
Hope things are better at your house.
Hugs, Mary

Related Posts with Thumbnails