bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Pirate's Daughter


I'm doing some arm-chair traveling today courtesy of a library book.
The novel is about Jamaica from the 1940's to the 70's. I've been to this beautiful island for a wedding....now I will visit again through the pages of this book. It was published last year and is the second novel by Margaret Cezair-Thompson, a native of Jamaica.

The story is set near Port Antonio, Jamaica. This is the area where my daughter's family will be going to spend Easter very soon! I'm off to the tropics....goodbye cold weather!

3 comments:

Mary Timme said...

I've been on a kick with mystery novels lately and not tropical ones, but I heard bits and pieces of an interesting PBS program last night and I think I'll get the book on "the Changing Brain" or something like that.

Janet said...

I'm adding this to my reading list. Looks interesting just from the cover!

Anonymous said...

I ordered my copy a few days ago and can't wait to read it while I am in Jamaica! I'll report back with any similarities...

Related Posts with Thumbnails