bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Three current art journal pages related to (in my mind!) diet and health, creature comforts , finding direction, JOY.
I love peppermint tea, and I love peppermint stripes! We have a black cat named Shadow. [ I do all these collages with commercial images from magazines and ads, combined with water color "things" I do and interesting papers or scraps of fabric. I don't like my collages to become too thick and dense...I often tie in some extra thing...like the tea bag label here....on the spiral binding.]
This one has the healthy pink grapefruit, the cheerful robin, oriental fabric print, white daffodils, a lotus, a mannequin torso, a gateway and what I really love, A CHAIR!!!!!
the quote says: "Joy is being willing for things to be as they are." ---Charlotte Joko Beck from "Nothing Special".

3 comments:

Julie said...

I WANT such a chair. An overstuffed, big comfy chair, wide enough to tuck my feet under, perfect for reading. I dream of one every time I trip over the metal pieces sticking out from Dan's ratty old recliner (I told him either put the footrest back on, take off the metal pieces or throw the Durn thing out. I am for the last option. LOL

Julie

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love both pages very much!

This is what I do on mine, I cut the images that for some reason atracted me and then I glue words and then I glue it into my journal. Simple.
I save my transportation tickets, and other trinkets and papers for collages exclusively. And those ones are a little heavy for sure
;-)
Aren't visual journals a nice joyful pleasure?
You know what's next in my agenda, busy agenda, LOL, a dreamboard!!!

Mary Timme said...

I so love the little quote. It relates to the one I heard about change not being hard, but our resistance to change is what makes it hard. Nice pages.

Related Posts with Thumbnails