bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 08, 2007





"that all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."









Blessed Julian of Norwich (1343-1423)
THE DAY OF my spiritual awakening
was the day I saw
and knew I saw
God in all things
and all things in God.


HE ALSO SHOWED ME a little thing, the size of a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand. It was as round as a ball, as it seemed to me. I looked at it with the eyes of my understanding and thought, "What can this be?" My question was answered in general terms in this fashion: "It is everything that is made." I marveled at how this could be, for it seemed to me that it might suddenly fall into nothingness, it was so small. An answer for this was given to my understanding: "It lasts, and ever shall last, because God loves it. And in this fashion all things have their being by the grace of God.... It is necessary for us to know the littleness of creatures in order to reduce them to nothingness in our judgment, so that we may love and have the uncreated God. The reason we are not fully at ease in heart and soul is because we seek rest within them, and pay no attention to our God, who is Almighty, All-wise, All-good and the only real rest."

[Thanks to the Catholic Conservation Website for this lovely information!]


This is the feast day of Blessed Julian of Norwich, an English contemplative Christian woman.



May you enjoy a peaceful, blessed Day!


*******************************************************************************

One of my blessings.......Lilia!








Together at Christmas....and a picture/poem she made for me last year!

7 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Such sweet innocence.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

What a wonderful photo - such sweetness. She is beautiful...as are you!
XOXO

Mary Timme said...

Have a great and happy day. I know you will. What peacefulness. The poem is lovely.

Kelli said...

What a sweetie!! What a wonderful picture and poem!
Kelli

Annie said...

My day was blessed all the more with your lovely post.

And your lovely granddaughter's smile.

And yours.

gma said...

Allshallbewell...was a password I used for several years....Your granddaughter is beautiful. sending love to you both
xo

A bird in the hand said...

What an adorable child.
A lovely photo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails