bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, May 24, 2007



It's a quilting day for me!


Yesterday, I received this painting from folk artist Jessie Lavon. I love her work!


Jessie comes from a family of quilters...her love and knowledge of quilts really shows in this scene! I am so lucky to now own this! You can visit Jessie today at Purple Cucumbers Folk Art.



I am taking up the needle again and quilting in a hoop. This is a small wall quilt...under 36" square...it is made from my stash of quilting fabrics...including many from designer Kaffe Fassett. The front of the quilt is a "brick" pattern. However, I am quilting it from the reverse side, following the design of the extremely large floral print! This is so much easier than trying to mark a design and more interesting than just outline quilting each "brick"!








7 comments:

Kahshe Cottager said...

This is a lovely painting! Your plan for your quilt sounds pretty too. You have been so busy lately creating!!!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I started a comment and hit something so if you got a partial comment that's why....
anyway, I was saying how lucky you are to have a piece of Jessie's wonderful folk art!
AND that I have been thinking of making a quilt lately. I usually make baby quilts with applique and no pattern. I have some beautiful pieces of Heather Bailey's Freshcut that are begging to made in to something. I am a rebel quilter in that I do nothing traditional.
I love all the fabrics you used and can't wait to see it after you have finished quilting.
XOXO

Annie said...

It's such a pleasure to think of you with your needle in hand, working on that beautiful fabric. Must more pleasure than to think of me doing it. I'm rather a klutz with a needle.

Mary Timme said...

I love the idea of using the fabric on the back as your quilting guide. I've heard of it done before, but never 'knew' the person who did it. Good thinking Lila!

Laurie said...

This is lovely, such wonderful, vibrant colors!

gma said...

Lila....So beautiful. Great way to quilt the pattern on the back. I really like this alot!!!!

Daisy Lupin said...

I just love that painting. The colours of your quilt are so vibrant and luscious. It's going to look fantastic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails