bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 16, 2007


I'm starting a painting today.....
a friend and I are having an art show in November.
I think I would like some harvest/ autumn images with rich colors for this show.
I also want a compositon featuring women and our connection to the natural world as being a large part of our spiritual journey!
In my collage from last week I find the women gathering things in their aprons and the perky little chicken! So, using these images, I begin, in my sketchbook....loosely, scribbling...just getting down the essence.




In the meantime, I am thinking of using acrylics and so I pull out a blank canvas....and because I want to force myself to paint dark and rich, I paint the canvas with 2 layers of flat cobalt blue.......
(to be continued, I have to go work on it and will photograph the piece along the way. My inner critic says,"gee, what if the sketch ends up being better than the painting?"....but we must go on the journey to find out!)

1 comment:

Annie said...

Ah, this is a treat for me to watch your work revealed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails