bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, February 21, 2007




My watercolor is coming along....I am adding some faint pussy willows to the background. [I just read that pussy willows were traditionally picked on Ash Wednesday and kept in the house, blooming and leafing out in the vase. They were then used on Palm Sunday when real palms were not available!]


I'll try to soften somethings and bring out others....I think I have a very "Lenten" palette going, lots of purple and blues...a time for quiet reflection. I may try bringing the turquoise paint (I just bought that tube of color and can't leave it alone!) to the foreground with a few random splatters!


Another thing about my paintings, I like to have some ambiguity going on, some "push/pull" where I don't give you all the answers, and your eye is hopefully intriqued!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lila
Awesome painting!! I like the blog name, indigo pears - very creative and, as you say, a little random! Please, feel free to take a look at my blog some time http://dearesteagle.blogspot.com , a blog dedicated to one of my stories 'dearest eagle'.
Good luck with any future paintings - JD

Mary Timme said...

I like this painting a lot. I've never thought of a 'lenten' color palatte, but like the idea of using that as a spring board and guide in choosing colors. Good idea!

Miss Robyn said...

I love watercolours..and this is like you say - very Lenten... reflective

Laurie said...

You have some beautiful colors going on ~ this is a lovely painting.

Janet said...

Beautiful colors and the flowers look so soft and pretty. I like the pussy willows, too....nice addition.

Daisy Lupin said...

This is a beautiful painting. It made me feel very spring like. Bu the way, loved that snippet you sent in the email of the interview with Joseph Campbell.

Related Posts with Thumbnails