bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, April 21, 2018

A new baby! And who knows what else...? Families and grandkids and the outdoors...

My friend Liz and her family welcomed a new granddaughter today!


Here is the happy grandfather!

 

At almost eight pounds, Birdie is a beautiful baby girl!

Here is a quilt I made for them....from scraps and gender neutral!

 

 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I am just back from visiting my own grandchildren in Georgia.....
.here they have fallen asleep as mom read "A Wrinkle in Time" to them.

 

I made the quilt...indigos and beiges...! 
I alsoexposed the children to the idea of knitting...teaching Sophie how to hold the needles!

 

Laura plays games with the girls!

 

And of course, I rocked with them when I could!

 

****************************************
Rewind....At the end of March, on Good Friday, we went hiking at Petit Jean park and met my brother and SIL who live in south Arkansas.

 

 

Here we are at the tip of the mountain on rocks overlooking the Arkansas River!

 
I am trying to get my balance and stand up straight...Steve's arm is heavy...but secure!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today, we went on a wildflower nature hike....lovely. In Canehill, AR.

 

 

 
Our guide showed us many native flowers and shrubs. 
Including edible chickweed!

 

 
It tastes pretty good! May put it in a salad soon!

###########################
Years ago, as a young family, we had hiked to the waterfall at Petit Jean State Park!

 

Good to be out hiking in Arkansas again!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails