bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 29, 2018

Quilting in the new year

 At our Christmas quilt guild meeting, I won 100, 5" squares of Mary Englebreit fabrics.


 

I made these into a "grandma's house" baby quilt for my friend, Liz.
Liz had given me the very first Mary Englebreit card.....in th 1980.s.....
"Life is just a chair of bowlies"

 

So, making these charm squares into her quilt brought that full circle!
I bought a black fabric with cherries (a delightful find at Joann's!) for the backing, and had enough extra to make new pot holders for my kitchen!

 

The other quilt I am working on is the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt called, "On Ringo Lake". She based it on colors from a photo taken at sunrise.

 

 

I added forest green and eggplant purple to the brown palette she chose....and I love how this photo from the Texas gulf coast has similar colors...

 

I have all my blocks made, and half of them sewn, on point, into the quilt top. The secon half to be done soon!

 

So, down to the sewing room now!






1 comment:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love love love the colors or On Ringo Lake! WOW! That is gorgeous! And it's nice to catch up with you and read your recent posts. Enjoy your week my friend. Hugs, Diane

Related Posts with Thumbnails