bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Home again!

I hugged my grandchildren goodbye....here at his school cafeteria.

It took me 2 days of flying standby to get home, I finally switched to Tulsa as my destination! We got home at 2:30 a.m. Sunday. After going by our local airport to fetch my luggage which had been there since Friday with a note saying "passenger stuck in Atlanta, still trying to get a flight"!

Here is a photo of the storm which happened while I was flying home. This photo is from Siloam Springs. beautiful!

 

 

Home to the prettiest time of year here!

Peonies and iris in full bloom, roses too!

Enjoyed making wonderful cottage cheese pancakes for our breakfast!

With local strawberries fresh from the farmer's market!

Celebrating a special birthday with friend Karen, fish and chips at the Apple Blossom brewery!

Then a stroll over to lake Fayetteville and a peaceful bench on the overlook of the weir! swimming ducks!

Next adventure was Saturday night. Local contra dance society event. In the auditorium of our VA hospital.

Lots of fun! We are rank beginners!

That was my first week home!

########################################

This Sunday, a real treat!

My friend Paula and her partner, Jeanne, have a native plants business on a mountainside near the White River. It is in Madison County, Arkansas, about an hour from our home.....

 
 
 
They had open house this Sunday, and I took my camera!
My first time to see Lady's Slipper, above. These are larger and puffer than I had pictured them! seeing them was such a treat! Deer love to eat them, but these are inside the fenced area!

Below, "Autumn Fern" which has the rusty color on the new foliage. (Not every plant I am posting is Native!)

 

A huge "s" shaped grape vine!

A nested rock, within a rock, within a rock!

An amazing dish of hollow rocks, ready to be vases! Or flasks?

One of Paula's potting tables with my reflection in the mirror!

More potting goodies...

 

 

 

 

...AND the star off the month....foxgloves. Self-seeding and happy growing here, deer won't eat them....

FOXGLOVES!!! Maybe 300 plants....

Everywhere you look! Lining paths and rock walls, popping up in the terraced garden too!

 

 

Here near the house, with a charming birdhouse!

 

Next on my travel agenda....visiting the newest grandbaby. Born April 27!

Life is good!

 

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails