bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, February 13, 2015

Almost Valentines Day

A lovely rosy red plant in the breakfast table is waiting to be used in a painting...watercolor, or acrylic?

I am sewing on a red and pink quilt....9 patch, easy with a white on white dot in the center each time...love these ideas which I get from Pinterest!

 

*****************************************************************************************

The kitchen cabinet project is finally completed! Yeah! I love the new color, Cotton Grey, from Behr.

 
Old green cabinets with dark interior, now painted glossy white inside! As I went through each cupboard, I was able to re-organize a bit. One success is inspired from the Christmas visit to my daughter's home; I used glass and plastic storage containers a great deal! Storing the storage containers has always been so irksome! They never stay stacked and tidy, sliding every which way and the lids on the other side of the turntable, hiding of course!

At Laura's I saw that she had moved all the lids into a separate drawer nearby! No more jumble of plastic and glass pieces! So now I have moved into a new improved era! The lazy Susan shelves just hold the containers ...

 

The lids are in the drawer next door! So much easier!

 

 

Here are some more photos of the finished kitchen.....
 

I love the new hardware! I got it from D Lawless Hardware in Indiana...(online, they have great customer service!)

 

You may notice a small quilt on the counter top....that is one of my dish drainer quilts. So useful!

When not in use, they are folded and hang on the side of the cabinets.
 

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

I have made some progress on the sweater which I love knitting now!

 

And the Haiku Charm quilt top is finished. It uses some of my indigo fabrics in a simple pattern from a recent "Scrappy Quilts" magazine. I am very happy with this!

 

 

####################################################################

Now down to work on my quilt space, I need to give away a lot! I can see I am over-loaded!

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails