bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Catching up on some sewing...

I really enjoy using this antique Singer 301! It has a beautiful stitch and after a bit do oil on a regular basis, it sews smoothly and quietly!

This horse print fabric is a shirt I am sewing for my sister......and this guitar print shirt is one I am making for a friend of hers....still needs the cuff buttons....

...those buttons are very special, skull and cross bones! Here is a closer look.

My sewing room remains a work in progress....so many bins of fabric....

...and unfinished projects.....(raggedy Andy here!).....and one of my other sewing machines! This one does zigzag as well as straight stitch...

Patterns and clothes for the grandchildren...

It seems for everything I finish, I then start two or three more!

Here is another view of the sewing room.....a serger and another machine....this one a Janome which has wonderful automatic buttonholes as well as decorative stitches!

Here is a new ribbon organizer/ shelf....from www.goorganize.com....I have more plans for this corner of the room. Perhaps colorful spools of thread on thread racks....


I'll be back with progress reports and "ta-da" moments as I finish some of these things!

**************************************************************

Which reminds me I need a "Ta-Da" moment for my crocheted blanket...finished a few days ago.....after 99 granny squares were made, I decided to put it together with white yarn. 9 X 11 , 5" squares. A nice size and so soft, so colorful!

Love it!

 

1 comment:

gma said...

Love it all. The Granny square blanket perfecto!

Related Posts with Thumbnails