bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Heavy frost and new kitchen range....

Monday night we had a heavy frost warning......I covered my plants...

Tuesday morning at 9:00 before going to work, I went out to uncover and see.... First of all, the water in the birdbath was frozen over. Frost was on the cloths covering the plants.

 

 

Lots of little flower sprouts survived, I will have to thin these, LOL!

Tulips were not damaged! In fact they look better than ever this year, they were planted several years ago!

The lilac bushes are wonderful! For years, they did't get enough sun and never bloomed. After an ice storm several years ago took out a couple of trees, the lilacs are getting better each year, too!

So, I found a bouquet this morning.....maybe a painting soon....

#########################

Remembering back to Saturday, I had a wonderful b'day celebration with my good friend, Sally. [It was Sally's birthday we were celebrating.]

Sally, I and 2 other friends went to lunch in Siloam Springs, AR. The restaurant is 28 Spring. Very nice!

I had my friend, Liz took a photo for me, of my Thai beef salad.....which was gluten free (buckwheat noodles) I think!

It was such a warm sunny day, windy though.....we walked around the historic downtown exploring a couple of flea markets and some shops. We had heard, though, that the frost was coming...

 

********************************************

Out with the old.....has this range been here since 1970? Maybe. I finally bought a new one....and ....

I'd say there is enough dirt here to be from 40 some years ago. [Don't look if you only like clean and shiny!]

After a quick cleaning.....they tried to install the new range yesterday when they delivered it. Of course the last century cut off valve didn't fit this century's hose for the gas line.....so as I write today, a plumber is fetching the right valve and will soon have me "cooking with gas"! [ which of course brings to mind " fracking issues" ....sigh...]

 

I have a feeling that my spring project will be to repaint the cupboards inside and out.....and maybe give away some dishes!

Here it is finally installed!

 

 

Let's look at those lilacs again....enough dirty kitchen talk!

 

1 comment:

Janet said...

Your springtime flowers are lovely, and I LOVE your new range!

Related Posts with Thumbnails