bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring brings ...Garden dreams

Here is a kindred spirit in an old photo from 1925....found on Pinterest.

Maybe wishful thinking.......here is the garden corner right now......being cleaned out.


The soil needs help.....though I did find earthworms (yeah!) as I turned over the soil....time to add compost.

In a perfect world, I would be making my own compost too.....!!! Someday....

Raking away the blanket of leaves, I find cilantro seedlings! Planted last September, these plants like cold!
They seem to be a good omen!

So, encouraged, I order a kit for another raised bed. I will fill it with the layers of newspaper, leaves, garden soil, grass clippings, etc. to make another small "lasagna garden".
I will sow the seeds for my favorite lettuce...and those pink flowers too!

And one day, I can put myself into this photo....then garden dreams will have come true!

                                            ***************************************

Now, I must confess, one reason for ordering the raised bed kit was to get free shipping on some yarn in a color which I can't find locally....


Lime green ( or SPRING green?), a shade not too harsh, not too pastel and in sport weight. To add to my granny squares...


They just seem to be missing that wonderful shade of green. Or maybe I just think so, as spring green is seasonal now?

                           #################################################

I do have lots of sewing going on too. Here is the latest quilt top....fun, yes?

2 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The quilt is amazing my friend! I love the pretty colors and you always give everything you make an artistic flair! Enjoy your week! Hugs!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

On raised beds - how wonderful - spring is coming for sure. Love the yarn, and yes, you do need some spring green. Fabulous quilt top

Related Posts with Thumbnails