bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lovely cake, in spite of snow.....spring sewing underway too!



Above, wishful thinking! Though we have had a week of sunshine....the flowers are delayed!



This beautiful yellow cake reminds me of daffodils which are usually in full bloom by now.....the recipe is HERE .

Snow again today though surely it will be short lived?!? I was cleaning out flower beds yesterday, seeing my peonies sticking up their noses....and daffodils in bud.  Back inside today!




My pansies don't mind the cold!


Inside here fabric is ready to become spring dresses for the granddaughters....


         
            ####################################################################

Because warm weather will come again, my friend and recent house guest, Tracie, bought me a sun umbrella as a thank-you! ....beautiful and "patchworky", I love it! [Lots of purple too!]


While she was here, Tracie shared her birthday bouquet with us.....her son chose this for her!


*********************************************************************************
My handwork this weekend includes doing big stitch quilting with perle cotton on this "3 generation quilt".
My grandmother pieced some flower garden blocks from her scrap bag (some fabrics from the early 1900's....other fabrics up to the 1940's!)
I found the green print background fabric for my mother to use as she appliqued the blocks with embroidery floss and a blanket stitch.
Now, that Grandma and Mom are gone and it is my turn, to quilt and bind this treasure!

         
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Last, but not a sure thing, unless a sale comes along.......this pintucked shirt from Anthropologie....


...the indigo shibori dying is already done...and the shirt is already sewn......WOW!
.....hmmmm.....

Back to cutting out size 3 toddler dresses now!

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

So many fun things - yummy cake, a pretty pretty umbrella and a gift from a friend. Love the umbrella. And what a treasure to have from your mother and grandmothers.

Katkat said...

Love the umbrella! I can't wait to see the 3 generation quilt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails