bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Tired of the same old fashion (or non-fashion) statement

Slacks, jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts......not too exciting......one day I saw this....

So colorful! The cover of a magazine about textiles, "SELVEDGE"!

I found out that this was the work of designer Gudrun Sjoden, a Swedish designer.

[This is sort of another take on the "granny chic" I wrote about last week!]

Take a look...

I was intrigued enough to place an order....the service was almost instant! I ordered tights with red dots and a floaty smock in indigo blue (good color!).

I wasn't sure if I should "go for it"....but jumped in, wore it to work with a turtleneck and lightweight natural colored linen skirt which acts like a slip. for work I added purple Mary Jane shoes.......got lots of compliments...I thought surely, Mr. P would hate it......but he liked the look!

He even wanted to take my photo! Here I am with the red cowgirl boots too....(and my granny afghan on the rocker behind me, ha!)

This look is also good with my red clogs, of course!

Sometimes, a bit of fun works!!!!

Now back to my yoga pants and thermal underwear....it is 16 degrees out there today! Off to work!

 

4 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Well if you aren't the cutest thing, I don't know who is - but granny? I know you are - but it sure doesn't look like it. Love the look - and the boots.

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

I love it and I want some of those red boots!

Lila Rostenberg said...

Stick horse cowgirls DO need those red boots!!!!

Sue Seibert said...

Love your outfit! And you have just described the reason we painted our house blue, pink, and white!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails