bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Latest projects

A quilt for the grandaughters....love the aqua and red! and the striped binding! I will take it when I go visit next week!

 

Just finished knitting this "Effortless Cardigan" for my niece, Erin!
She said that she already had a red cardigan, so purple is what we decided upon!
This one is knitted from the top down, in a washable wool heather.

This shows how the cardigan hangs when worn! ( I didn't knit this one!) the instructions are available on Ravelry!

I just started casting on a crimson/ purple Madelinetosh DK yarn to make one for myself.....fun to knit these!

******+**********+*********+**********+***********+*************+************+

Kaffe Fassett was in our region this week. I went to his lecture and slide show on Monday night!

It went along with reading his autobiography, "Dreaming in Color", which was very enjoyable! At the lecture I was drawn to this quilt, by Liza Lucy. Kaffe advocates the use of greys to let the other colors shine. Perhaps because of the pearly quality of the light in London where he lives....

Now however, I am loving this quilt, also by Liza ...

 

I may have to get the kit for this one, SO PRETTY!

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails