bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Stitching....primitive but charming!

Remember the random rectangle free form piecing with the romantic florals?

Well, it has grown only a wee bit and is now ready for big stitch quilting! I am using a chenille needle and size 5 perle cotton in a deep rose color!

Helpful information from Carolyn Forster's book on this type of quilting!

I'm only just starting on the hand stitching. It will go with me as I go visit a friend at another of my favorite places... St. Scholastica's Monastery in Fort Smith, AR. Spending a day and a night with Benedictine sisters!

For dirty laundry, which collects when living out of a suitcase, I am stitching some laundry bags....while drinking tea!

Hmmm....I wonder that I'm not painting this week?....

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails