bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 12, 2013

Home and busy...fun!

While at my art retreat, I found a little table in a thrift store, bought it, brought it home and yesterday used the chalk paint which I had mixed and not used on the armoire....just about 1 cup of paint...it goes really far...did two nice coats...( I think my gallon of paint will last for many projects! Yikes!)

BTW, I had some accidental "over painting" smears on the sides of the drawer. this mrning, drubbing alcohol and a soft cloth took them right off!

Next step will be to rub it down with 2 coats of clear finishing wax from Minwax..

This little table will be perfect to keep some of my hand sewing supplies out of sight but easy to find!

While the table was drying, used my sewing machine and some Kaffe Fassett striped cotton to sew this dress for my adult daughter...She loves it, hope it fits! In the mail soon!

Still inspired, this morning, I pulled out the little package which had come ( in the Royal Mail!) while I was gone last week.

Small scraps of Cath Kidson, Laura Ashley and other sweet English fabrics! Purchased on Ebay from Great Britain. I added just a bit from my stash and now have a little lap or crib quilt top. Just need to quilt it!

Sometimes I make myself soft fabric souvenirs of places I haven't been recently....Japanese fabric works that way for me too!!!

 

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

You have so much fun - lovely table - fun quilt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails