bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April quilt show

 
We had our local guild quilt show 10 days ago.  It was fun!
Above a bright Lone Star quilt by Paula Mariedaughter, marks the edge of a display of many 8 pointed star quilts.....

 
Rustic doll beds and chairs were included!

 
This was my favorite crib quilt, by Adele Atha!

 
This is a fun quilt which I made and machine quilted.  Mother sewed on the binding before her stroke. Of course, that makes it special to me now!
 
[I have several more photos of my quilts....but I swear, Windows 8 photo gallery is hiding them!  I can find and edit them in the gallery, but when I go to upload them, they won't appear.
 
Back later IF I can find where they are!!!!]
 
 
 
 SUCCESS, after a nap, they seem to be here.....LOL!

Above, sold to my good friend Lizzie, is "Victory Garden", based on the British flag.  The quilt pattern by that name can be found and purchased here !
 
This applique quilt from "Piece O Cake" designs was a block of the month from 1994. The setting with the colorful diamonds and prairie point edge are my ideas. This is hand applique and hand quilted by myself!

 
Here is a small quilt with many pieces, The Fonthill Quilt is a pattern from Kaffe Fassett. It is machine pieced and hand-quilted by me!

 
Mostly solids, this is a contemporary quilt which I machine pieced using improvisational techniques...that is chunk it together and cut down to the correct block size! Machine pieced and machine quilted ( with colorful bright variegated thread and lots of points-in the lattice- and circles-on the blocks!)

2 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love to go to quilt shows and would enjoy seeing that little doll bed. I'm always in awe when I see all of the talent and work that goes into each quilt. The one you made is beautiful....love the colors! I'm having fun crocheting today. I get in the mood and then that's all I want to do! heehee! Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - amazing quilts - love the one bound by your mother, especially. Great memories.

Related Posts with Thumbnails