bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 05, 2012

Victory Garden Quilt in progress

The pattern I ordered (from the link in the previous post) came so quickly, I was able to start these blocks this week!




To date, I have made 7 out of 15 and it is so much fun, seeing the combinations come together.....in order to save fabric [I had picked up 15 fat quarters for this at our guild's "fat quarter frenzy"], I am paper foundation piecing the corner units.  The directions call for 5/8 yard for each block....a lot of extra waste of course. So, I trace the corner block (and the reverse) from the pattern onto lightweight tracing paper,  then I am ready to sew!


These photos were with natural light, the first photo is with artificial. Interesting how much "warmer" the artificial light looks! 
Here, I am auditioning a possible lattice fabric, the lavender floral (after all it is a "garden").



Today is rainy and cool....getting cooler by the minute as a front moves in.  Our first really cool weekend since the long dry, hot summer!  I won't be sewing though....

I have an apple cake to bake and shrimp tacos to assemble for an evening with some friends!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails