bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, October 31, 2011

Family, friends and fibers.....



Yesterday, Mom and I went to our friend, Sally's home for a visit which included good food (apple cake, thanks, Sally!) good conversation ( we have known each other since we were in junior high school) and stitching! Mom worked on the quilt top she is making by blanket stitch appliqueing some flower garden blocks which were made by HER mother to a print background (idea from Kaffe Fassett's PASSIONATE PATCHWORK book).
We love how they play "hide and seek" on the busy background!


Sally picked up her knitting.......




a colorful cotton yarn which was quickly becoming a new dishcloth! Sally's hands were so fast they left a only a blur! LOL!






While there, I finished the last of my "Mitered Crosses" knitted blocks....and am now considering how I should put them together....it seems to be rather small....I still have almost two skeins of the hand-dyed lavendar background yarn....so maybe I could "sash" them as I would quilt blocks....





[Find the "Mitered Crosses" pattern on Mason Dixon knitting....pattern is a PDF which is raising funds for victims of the Tsunami in Japan...the block feature hand-dyed NORO silk garden yarn, a joy to work with!]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails