bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, September 16, 2011



We're having a cool overcast day with light rain.....after a VERY hot summer, this is wonderful!
My life today with scraps and zinnia's is a jumble of color! I love it!




Using the antique Singer featherweight, I am making "string pieced", 60 degree triangles. This is done by first cutting scrap paper into 5" (or you choose the size!) equilateral triangles. Then fabric strips or "strings" are sewn down to the paper foundation. They look messy but are fun and trim down to be just the perfect unit for making a scrappy 6-pointed star quilt.




You can find a tutorial here for making the foundation pieced triangles. It was generously posted earlier by Crazy Mom Quilts!

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What fun! And the colors are glorious. I do love zinnias.

Related Posts with Thumbnails