bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, June 04, 2011



Frankly pleased with my new "floaty" sundress.....it's in the 90's here! I'm still a gal who loves the Laura Ashley look! This is my own adaptation of her pattern (funny how my figure has changed in 20 some years!!!)...found ancient pearl buttons in my button jar too!

Now, this dress cost me quite a bit, as I had to buy a new sewing machine to make it!!! LOL!

I love the automatic buttonholes on the Janome! It took less than 15 minutes to make all 7, and I'm just learning the machine!

Mom had reminded me that I could do the buttonholes by hand,...and wouldn't that be charming????? Of course it probably would have taken me 4-5 hours rather than 15 minutes!

I love getting a consistent well-made, perfectly sized for the buttonhole result with the machine...and with 3 grandbabies coming this summer, I'm sure to use it!

6 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ohhh you are so cute - you should be proud of the new dress. I love the buttonhole maker on my Brother - lovely lovely - after years of doing them on the machine, but more manually - the Brother just zips them right up and they are done - and perfect.

Janet said...

Your new dress is lovely and it looks cool and breezy so it should be perfect for your hot weather. Oddly we're still having wonderful coolish springtime weather here.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You are beautiful, my friend! And I love your new dress! I was just thinking about asking you about a pattern to make a tunic. (I seem to remember that you made one awhile back) It was one of my 'goals' when I lost weight, I was going to buy one but I haven't been able to find one I like! I'm still a bit intimidated making things for myself...you say our bodies have changed some? hmmmm! lol

Lila Rostenberg said...

FROM A FRIEND, via e-mail....I remember that Laura Ashley pattern! I had the one piece sunsuit once upon a time - you may have made it for me. I wore it until the fabric ripped completely one day - I'd almost worn it through in the seat/leg! Looks nice on you.

gma said...

You look so pretty in that dress Lila. Great soft color and vintage look. Love it!

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Love the dress--it is so feminine! I haven't worn a dress in so long! Perhaps I will look for one this summer!
Oh, I wanted to tell you about a blog you might enjoy--Pleasant View Schoolhouse--I think she is on blogspot and she loves to sew!

Related Posts with Thumbnails