bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 02, 2011

A collage finally finished. This is from the on-line class I took with Jane LaFazio.



It is on watercolor paper and uses other papers and my sketches and paintings. The sparrow was painted first on muslin then fused to the collage with fusible webbing. The pomegranate in her hand is stenciled, then beaded. It is about Kishimojin a Japanese Buddhist goddess who is the protectress of pregnant women and young children. She is usually shown with a pomegranate in her left hand (symbolising fertility!)


This seems an appropriate subject for my artwork this time, as I will be the proud grandmother of three new babies by the end of this coming summer!

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ohh three new grandbabies - you are the lucky one for sure. That should keep you busy. Are they going to be nearby? I love the collage - so much thought in it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails