bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 20, 2010


I am "handicapped" for the moment....can only type with my right hand today. So this will be a brief post! [I strained my shoulder back and left arm doing several days of machine quilting on a quilt top. Even though I took breaks, I over did it!]

I want to share this delicious salad recipe which I found from Martha Stewart! It tasted so refreshing (but still "filling") after eating the usual comfort foods of winter! [ I tried several times to make a link within the text here...and haven't been able to. Could it be my MEDs???? LOL! Or more likely, Martha has some programing which takes away the link!]

The ingredients are spinach, cooked chicken (sliced thin), avocado slices, almond slices, red grapes cut in half and dressing of your choice. Delicious!

5 comments:

Bettyann said...

sorry to hear about your shoulder and arm..I cut my left hand cooking and hate that I am limited to what I can do..but then I remember others are having a harder time...take care..rest..

JG said...

Your salad looks so good!

When I am sewing it is difficult to limit my time using my sewing machine. While watching the project take shape, it's hard to stop before I overdue it. I understand what you mean. Now, rest and take care. Later you can finish the quilt!

Janet said...

I hope you're feeling a little better. That must have been some sewing spree!

I love spinach in salads so this one appeals to me.

Anonymous said...

we had this salad last night - it was fantastic too! http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Asian-Spinach-Salad-with-Orange-and-Avocado-241325

Julie said...

Get well soon!

That salad does sound very refreshing. I have been craving lettuce lately! We have been eating those winter comfort foods. Mashed potatoes, gravy and roast beef two Sundays in a row!

Related Posts with Thumbnails