bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 09, 2009

A quiet place to rest and "be" after a little work in the garden.

I found a bird's nest on the ground and saved it for garden decoration....here on a shelf beside the studio door (which leads out into my garden). [The "lasagne" garden is an easy method, just a bit of watering and readjusting the support poles and tomato cages and one is free for the day!]

While sitting and resting in the morning breezes I was beside this bright orange red impatients.
I became aware of a presence and a whirring sound. Not moving, I slowly looked that way.
A hummingbird was right beside me, checking out these flowers, I'm afraid they don't have much nectar to offer. It is time to hang up our feeder for these hungry creatures!




A Route of Evanescence
With a revolving Wheel--
A Resonance of Emerald--
A Rush of Cochineal--
And every Blossom on the Bush
Adjusts its tumbled Head--
The mail from Tunis, probably,
An easy Morning's Ride--
-- Emily Dickinson

1 comment:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love Emily Dickinson...her poetry is so pretty and feminine. Your garden is lovely! Enjoy the evening!

Related Posts with Thumbnails