bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 13, 2009


Making tunics again! [I notice Matha Stewart is wearing tunics a lot lately!]




I use McCall's pattern 5628 I make the shorter version (mine even shorter) with the 3/4 sleeve. They are loose fitting and comfortable. I prefer 100% cotton in a light weight.

I decorate the front with shiny machine embroidery threads, some metallic and some rayon.
Seeing the lovely yellow tunics in "Slumdog Millionaire" inspired me this year, as well as seeing Robin Roberts wearing a coral tunic in her visit to Mombai, India.

[The scanner makes these look more wrinkled than they are. my malfunctioning camera may work to get a photo later....]

3 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Very pretty. I use a similar pattern - have used it for years, and I love it.

Janet said...

Your tunics look so pretty. One of these days you're going to inspire me to get out my sewing machine!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute you look! Are you sure we're the same age? heehee! Love your pretty tunic! If I thought mine would turn out that cute I would make one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails