bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 19, 2009


During the rainy days, I began reading this mystery novel. The latest in the Inspector Lynley
series. It is excellent...set in Cornwalll and very contemporary. Her characters are very believable and interesting. Her descriptions wonderful. I think I found 6 new vocabulary words on the first page alone!

****************************************************************************

Finally, we are heading into our 3rd day of sunshine. I will be at work, but things are improving in the layered garden. The damaged leaves removed, the tomato plant is remaining healthy.

I need to build something for the cucumber to climb on....we have lots of bamboo so that will be easy... my pansies have perked up though it is time to move on to warm weather flowers, so I have added marigolds, verbena and geraniums. The leaf lettuce is doing well also as long as it remains cool.....maybe some photos or sketches later.

4 comments:

Janet said...

That book sounds interesting. Is it a good mystery or is it gory and bloody?

Lila Rostenberg said...

Not gory and bloody! I can't stand that! Just good cahracter develpment and Inspector Lynley is a romantic figure...very nice.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Another book for my list! I finally watched Mamma Mia...because of you! And yesterday I went to Best Buy and bought my own copy! I can't wait to watch it again! What an amazing movie! Have a good evening!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Lila, today i am wearing a tunic, i love them too, i think since i was 13 i have at least 5 in my closet, i love them!
keep enjoying your sunny days and garden! and hello to Mr Pear or does he has a new name?

Related Posts with Thumbnails