bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, February 26, 2009

One project finished this morning.



This is a tote bag, the "Taxi Tote" in Anna Maria Horner's book, "Seams to Me". I really like how it turned out!
I will be teaching this tote bag next month at the shop where I work.

Next, we have a chair just purchased from a local flea market...wooden but with all finish removed by the weather and it has a bit of rust. I will clean it up and turn it into "art". I will paint it to be in a silent auction for a local charity, "Life Styles". The silent auction is called "A Chair Affair". [see a gallery of chairs here]

I haven't determined what kind of chair....first turquoise paint will cover everything, then we'll see....


5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The bag is beautiful! Love the colors of the fabric! I still need to buy that book and make some of the projects! Love the old chair, too! I know you'll enjoy making it artful!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving that chair already! Man I wish I lived closer and could steal some of the "mommie-finds"... tote looks great too!

Janet said...

Love the tote! The colors are great. And that chair is really cool. I can already see it in turquoise.

Shopgirl said...

Love this old chair, looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Hugs, Mary

Mary Timme said...

Well, I love them both and I'm so glad you have such a cheery base color. Where it goes from there, we'll have to see, won't we!

Related Posts with Thumbnails