bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, February 13, 2009

Good quality sheets wanted!



Being green. Saving Money! I needed new sheets for these cold winter nights. I had patched the ones we have last winter and they were getting thin! I couldn't find any I liked locally....

At my friend Lizzzie's suggestion I ordered some flannel sheets (in 'Mineral") from overstock.com. They just came! They are wonderful!
While we were waiting for this shipment, our friend, Karen, who has stayed with us lately, during the ice storm etc., brought us a set of Portugese flannel sheets in blue. They have been wonderful too! [Portugal is famous for good quality flannel!!!]

So now my dilemna is how to make good use of the old sheets....too worn for the second hand shop.....and I don't need that many rags (as I am not that BIG on cleaning and scrubbing daily tee hee!)and I don't want to add them to the landfil yet.

I was visiting Liz from Australia today...her post held a wonderful idea....knit a washable bathmat from strips of the old sheets!*
.


I hope they knit up fairly quickly, I can remember my grandmother making crocheted rugs from old textiles too!
*photo from Liz's post...go see the instructions!

3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That sounds like a good idea! It's so hard to get rid of things that still have lots of wear. The rug looks like it would be nice in the kitchen, too! You are industrious, my friend!

Shopgirl said...

A rug would be fun. I hate to throw things away. Totes are really the rag right now...going green. You might figure out a way to make them. So many things.
Love your new sheets, I need to get some myself.
Hugs, Mary

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

my grandmother did that, too.
i will check your friend in Australia, i am curious how she does it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails